Completing the program
As the program comes to an end, there are a few things that you will need to attend to:
- Confirm the intern’s last day of work, the end date on his or her DS-2019
- If applicable, make arrangements for the intern to receive his or her final paycheck
- Make sure you have the intern’s contact information in their home country, so you can mail him or her a W-2 form for tax purposes
- Make sure the intern has your organization’s contact information, in case he or she needs to contact you later
- Write a letter of recommendation; this will be a valuable career booster when the participant applies for jobs in the future
- Complete the CIEE Program Evaluation. Learn more.