CIEE logo
  Explore All CIEE Programs

Forms and documents

For your convenience, CIEE has compiled all the forms needed to apply for the program, as well as other useful materials.

Your CIEE international representative may have additional instructions and other documents for you. All application materials should be completed in English and submitted to your CIEE international representative, not to CIEE in the United States.

If you have any questions regarding any of these forms, please contact your CIEE international representative.

Participant Program Application

This is the main form used to apply for the program. You will also need to sign off on a DS-7002 Training/Internship Placement Plan with your host organization, which is completed online.


J-2 Dependent Application

This form is for family members who accompany participants on the program, using the J-2 visa. It can be submitted either with your program application, or at a later date.


Application for Program Extension

If you are already a participant and want to extend your program, you will use this form. You will also need to complete a new online DS-7002 with your host organization.


Online DS-7002 Instructions for Applicants

This is a step-by-step guide for Applicants on how to fill out their portion of the DS-7002 form.


Online DS-7002 Instructions for Host Organizations

This is a step-by-step guide for host organizations on how to complete the electronic DS-7002 form.


U.S. Department of State Exchange Visitor Program Welcome Brochure

This brochure will help you understand the purpose of the Exchange Visitor Program (also known as the J-1 Program) and introduce some of the aspects of the Exchange Visitor Program regulations that are most relevant to you.


Back to top of page